1. Training objectives and basic requirements.
(I) training objectives.
To cultivate good ideological and political quality and professional ethics accomplishment, grasp the basic theory of tourism knowledge and management methods and skills, familiar with tourist business practice, have good communication ability and the comprehensive ability to solve practical problems, to be able to do the practical work of modern tourism needs of high-level, applied, and tourism management specialized talents.
(2) basic requirements.
1, to master the basic principles of marxism, adhere to the party's basic line, love the motherland, law-abiding, good character and style of study is rigorous, strong dedication to work and dedication, and actively serve the socialist modernization construction.
2, master the basic principle of tourism management, with high acute mind, practical technology, professional can synthetically applied to a tourist area to solve practical problems, including resource planning and design of tourism, tourist destination planning and management, tourism product design, organizational behavior, tour guide commentary system design of tourism, tourist marketing and planning, enterprise operation and management of tourism, tourism investment decision-making and management, tourism management, tourism environment design.
3. With an open international vision, it can lead the innovation and development of a certain area of tourism industry. Proficient in 1 foreign language, have foreign language reading, writing ability, international academic exchange and practical work foreign language ability; Strong ability of network information technology.
4, tourism development prospective strategic thinking ability, can grasp the new phenomena emerge in the process of tourism development, including tourism market analysis during the period of transition, such as product design, enterprise operation opportunity capture ability, mining and development potential of tourism management resources, create the ability of comprehensive benefits, and can solve the key problems in the operation of the tourism.
5. Have the management skills of tourism industry and related industries, can develop potential resources and create comprehensive benefits.
Ii. Students and research direction.
(I) recruitment object.
National education series university degree (or equivalent) with 3 years or more experience in practice.
(2) research direction.
1. Tourism resource development and tourism destination planning 2. Tourism enterprise operation and management.
3. Learning style and years.
The full-time study period is generally 2 years; The non-full-time study period is usually 3 years, and the total study time is not less than 1 year.
Iv. Cultivation methods.
1, attach importance to strengthen the practice teaching, adopt diversity training mode, pay attention to the tourism industry departments, scientific research institutions and related enterprises and units, such as joint training, focus on the cultivation of practice ability of theory with practice.
2. Set up a mentor group, and take the combination of collective training and personal responsibility. The tutor group is responsible for the teachers who have the qualifications of the master tutor, and the senior management personnel of enterprises and institutions or the personnel with senior professional and technical positions are recruited.
3. The teachers are equipped with the principle of open and pluralistic, and employ teachers who are well-known at home and abroad, with high educational level and rich management experience.
4, heuristic and the discussion type teaching method, theory with practice, according to the development of China's tourism in case teaching, make full use of class discussion guide graduate students in creative thinking, strengthening practice teaching, according to different interest and diversity of theme tourism industry and graduate thesis topic selection, for the corresponding training content. Develop the thinking ability of graduate students and the ability to solve practical problems.
5. Take the combination of professional degree courses and professional elective courses, arrange certain internship time, and finish the dissertation. The academic performance is assessed by examination (including oral test), homework, class discussion, case study, special report, literature review, etc. The examination of the professional degree course is mainly in the form of examination, and the examination result should not be less than 60% of the total score. The examination of professional elective course is general examination form.
5. Course setup and credits.
Implement credit system, total credit is not less than 32 credits. Among them, the public degree course 1, 3 credit; There are 8 professional degree courses, 17 credits, no less than 4 elective courses, 4 credits for practical activities and no less than one year of course study.
Vi. Practical activities (professional practice)
Practical activities include teaching practice, scientific research practice, social practice and social investigation, which are guided by full-time teachers. According to tourism resources development and destination planning and tourism economy and tourism enterprise management two directions respectively organize an internship. Tourism resource development direction and destination planning arrangements in the tourism planning practice and scientific research departments, tourism economy and tourism enterprise management direction arrangement in tourist hotel and travel service company, or arrange a graduate student in the appropriate department for teaching practice in colleges and universities. At the end of the practice, the teaching design and experience, social investigation or case analysis results will be submitted, and the teachers will be given the relevant evaluation, and the corresponding credits can be obtained after the evaluation is qualified.
The dissertation should be closely combined with the practice of tourism management. The paper can take the form of thematic research, research report, project design and typical case analysis. Content should be innovative or solve practical problems. The graduate student must decide on the dissertation topic at the end of the second semester and write the thesis proposal.
Tourism management for master degree thesis work time, generally not less than 1 year, in the process of writing tutor group according to the master's thesis opening situation, check the thesis writing progress and completion of the plan, and in view of the problems in writing the paper to strengthen guidance, to ensure the progress of the master's degree thesis.
Viii. Degree awarding.
Project of cultivating graduate students completed the course learning and training links such as specified in the internship practice, obtain required credits and through the dissertation for master's graduate diploma, approved by the review of the academic degree evaluation committee of Beijing university, tourism management master's degree can be awarded.